Problems Experience by MG3 Owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Experience by MG3 Owners

I've had a few people message me recently with some issues they've started to get with their MG3's.

Now this isn't intended to be a 'lets bash the MG3' thread, because the Internet and forums like this will always be full of experienced faults. Afterall, how much can people write about everything working perfectly?

That said, cars are mechanical beings and there's a lot to be said for the collation of information, with a view to help those in need. For those who are considering buying an MG3, please don't view this as anything other than it's intended!

If people are willing to contribute here, I'll keep a master list for future reference, available via this first post!

A quick starter for ten...

Warranty Issues

Door Seals

The door seal is a two-stage piece, outter and inner. The outer seal, certainly on earlier models, has been known to let water in, leaving it to pool between the two seals. Although water doesn't leak into the car, this pooling has no-where to go, but obey gravity, when the doors are opened. There is no official fix, but some have made minor modifications to their own seals, to address the issue.

Airbag Warning Lights

Some people have reported an intermittent warning light appearing for the air-bag.

Official Fix : A tube of special contact paste is used on the connectors below the seats.

Surface Corrosion (Roof)

Click image for larger version

Name:	roof-rust.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	746

Driver Seat Leather Peel

Click image for larger version

Name:	seat-peel1.jpg
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	743 Click image for larger version

Name:	seat-peel3.jpg
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	744 Click image for larger version

Name:	sear-peel2.jpg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	745

Squeaks from Pedalbox / Area

Diagnosed by one dealer as being Auxillary Belt related.

Features

Left Hand Drive Door Mirrors

Parking Sensors Constant in Heavy Rain

MG & Dealer Issues

Making Warranty Claims

MG seem to be being quite particular about how they accept warranty claims, requesting as far as visual and audio evidence before acting, depending on the claim.

Few Warranty Staff

It seems that when one (unknown) person takes a holiday at MG, warranty claims go on hold for the duration.

Inconsistent Servicing Pricing

Despite there being an official MG pricing schedule and an up-front servicing scheme, dealers are varying considerably in prices for the first service.
    Last edited by 3-Styler; 09-02-2015, 10:43 AM.

With thanks to Chris, via our Facebook page, I've added some pictures and updates based on his issues.

Comment

Working...
    X